This forum is aimed towards anybody who is working with the the MembraneEditor. Installation instructions are found here. Any questions, remarks or critics are welcome. Also this is a chance to get in contact with other users.
bjoern
Site Admin

Re: Scripts for Vesicle analysis

Post by bjoern » 18.12.2014, 14:56

The VesicleBuilder plugin for the MembraneEditor you will find here:

http://www.cellmicrocosmos.org/Cmforum/ ... 676&p=1398

During Manuel's internship, I improved the VesicleBuilder step-by-step (thanks go to Manuel for his valuable comments! ;). The new beta version of the result you will find there. Happy testing!

JamesJX

Post by JamesJX » 21.02.2015, 08:40

Everytime I attempt to make a micelle utilizing the Vesicle Builder I get a mistake message (java.lang.NullPointer Exception). Lipids were allocated to EC. By allotting lipids to IC they are added to the basic circle, however the procedure pends in the beginning including lipids stage and I can not stop the methodology.

It is safe to say that it is ordinary that I can not intrude on the inital including lipid process? As far as I can tell is this just conceivable after the inital procedure is done and the lipids are being shaken however it would be pleasant not to need to slaughter the entire programm over and over.
Decrease your exam stress by using our latest Testking Six Sigma Green Belt and best quality prince2 certification

bjoern
Site Admin

Post by bjoern » 11.03.2015, 19:02

JamesJX wrote:Everytime I attempt to make a micelle utilizing the Vesicle Builder I get a mistake message (java.lang.NullPointer Exception). Lipids were allocated to EC. By allotting lipids to IC they are added to the basic circle, however the procedure pends in the beginning including lipids stage and I can not stop the methodology.

It is safe to say that it is ordinary that I can not intrude on the inital including lipid process? As far as I can tell is this just conceivable after the inital procedure is done and the lipids are being shaken however it would be pleasant not to need to slaughter the entire programm over and over.
James, if I understand it correctly, you are trying to make a micelle which contains only lipids in the EC. This is possible, yes.

But I think you apply in the Overview window Sample Lipids exclusively to the EC side, not to the IC side. This is making sense, because the other algorithms work in this way. But the VesicleBuilder throws an exception, sorry. I will fix this in the future version.

But you can create a micelle anyway. Add lipids to EC and IC as well. Then start the VesicleBuilder and switch to "go PRO!". Now, activate in TERMINATION MODE "custom lipid number" and set the number for IC to 0. You may change the number of EC lipids to add or use the proposed number. Then start the algorithm and be happy! :wink:

I hope, this solves your problem.