A new beta test version was just released!
BETA Test: MembraneEditor 2.2.2_3beta02
Java 8: Cm2_CmME_build25052020_Java8.zip
Version 2.2.2_3beta02: Build on JOGL Java3D 1.7_pre1
tested on Mac OS X (10.14.4) with Oracle JDK 1.8.0_131
tested on Windows 7 with Oracle JDK 1.8.0_131
not tested on any other OS by now!
Please see Version 2.2.2_3beta01 for bug fixes.
This new version comes with the Vesicle Builder 1.11 release enabling 3D membrane packing directly from the MembraneEditor!
Just follow the steps here and watch out for the recent Beta Release - just make sure to have Java 8 installed.
Things to FIX:
- Bundle new PDB, PDB_TM, and OPM Index Files
- OPM Index File Update does not work
- OPM download does not work
- check and reinitiate Lipid Packing Algorithms, probably it is not possible to import any external jars (or java files if source code is executed) at the moment, as the Java3D version contains dramatic changes
Things to TODO:
- Test on Windows
- Test on Linux (Ubuntu, probably OpenJDK and Oracle JDK)
- Try on Java 1.8+, 1.9, probably up to Java 1.11 (might not be part of 2.2.2_3 release)
- WebStart might not work anymore from Java 1.8+ onwards
- Release new source code on web page
Test here, look for the Beta download, avoid the WebStart.
Download latest ZIP file, Unpack ZIP, open self-executable JAR file: Cm2_CmME_buildXXXXXXXX_Java8.jar.
On Mac OS X, you should right click it, select "Open", and then confirm opening web-downloaded file.
Please note: After the first start on Mac OS X the applications terminates and gives probably an error message after finishing the installation process. Just start the app again, then is should run.